Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Painter 8 Portrait - David


Taking time out from the custom cars motif for a slight change. Today's image started out as a photograph of my friend David Benjamin, who is a photographer himself.

In Painter 8 I created a clone then cleared it and used the tracing function and the ballpoint pen brush to make a quick doodle. Later I came back to the image and decided to add to it. I used the woodcut filter in Painter on it and then opened both the sketch and the woodcut in PhotoPaint.

I used Tune Blur Gaussian blur on the colored woodcut to smooth out the posterized colors. Then I merged both the images using Color Burn object property on the ballpoint sketch. After saving this I reopened it in Painter and used the watercolor brushes on it. I then switched to Liquid Ink brushes and used a small brush to add to the eyes and lines cloning some of the color and using the color right from the color swatch for the highlights and clone for the background.

He looks serious in this portrait, which I highlighted by making the eyes a focal point and very intense. I wanted to do some painting instead of the cars I have been doing and decided to share the results.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - If You Got Trouble Cover
null

No comments:

Post a Comment