Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Corel Painter - Digital Watercolor - House Scene


Switching motifs I have done a pencil sketch and watercolor. Using Paint.NET for the pencil sketch I saved that file and opened both in Corel Painter 8. I used the Digital Watercolor brushes, switching between a couple of different ones, and added the color to the pencil sketch.

This is our front porch which we just added new this summer season. It was interesting to note how Digital Watercolor brushes picked up the colors sometimes grayish and other times closer to the photograph I used as model. The actual color of the siding is a lighter blue, and the window is not green. Plenty of white on the trim turned gray as well so I did little to color the porch leaving the white showing.

I reopened both files in PhotoPaint and resized to show here. I copied the pencil sketch to the clipboard and pasted into the watercolor as an object. I used the object property Color Burn on it and merged it with the watercolor layer. I had darkened it a bit using the Tone Curve before adding it. That brought out some details.

I am trying to use Painter 8 more often again. I have gotten away from digital painting while doing so many collages. I want to keep up on painting skills in my loose style. It is enjoyable to do, but definitely takes more time than a collage! So I work at it as patiently as I can, and I am not too patient. So the loose style shows itself predominately.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Mr Tambourine Man Cover
null

No comments:

Post a Comment