Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Red Dodge - Dressed for Crusing


"Put your red dress on, we are going cruising tonight." Once again using the Woodward Dream Cruise as a reason for a car motif I am sharing this image. Taken from a photograph at the 2006 Dream Cruise.

Each one of these I had to clone out the date in the lower right hand corner. The date was a fine reminder of what year these were taken in, but added nothing to the piece at all, in fact would have made it funky looking in a bad way.

Grunge funky is good but the snapshot look is not what I am going for. I opened this image in Painter 8 and used the woodcut filter on it, lessening the black ink to allow the red to show clearly. You can tell by the reflections on the side of the car it was highly polished. I saved that file and opened it in PhotoPaint, resized it and framed it in black, then I found a grunge background of brick and mortar. I used the Tone Curve on it to take most of the color out so I could use the texture of it. I overlaid the brick and mortar onto the image with Object Property Multiply.

Time for that cruising music.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - C2_G6_Em_Asus2_D7_C7_D7_G_D
null

No comments:

Post a Comment