Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Exercise in Digital Manipulation and Auto Cloning - Painter 11 - Paint.NET






"Exercise in Digital Manipulation and Cloning," is today's image for display. I opened the photograph of a Koi Pond, taken by myself, in Paint.NET. I applied the Effects> Artistic> Oil Painting> filter to the image. Then I applied the Kuwahara Filter Modified to it for an even more painterly appearance.

Saving that file I decided to try cloning it in Painter 11, so I opened it there and did a quick clone with an ocher background. I selected the Artists brushes, first the Sargent brush and Auto Cloned. This gave me a light image. I also used the Van Gogh brush, and the Impressionist brush concurrently on the image.

I applied the Surface Texture Image Luminance, altering the Light Direction and the Amount of Depth of the texturing. I saved the iterative large file. I reopened in PhotoPaint to use Filter Forge's Photo Effects Vibrance on the painting. I also applied Filter Forge's watercolor framing to it with a forest green color and increased roughness.

I resampled the large file for display here, in PhotoPaint.

Listening ---- Kirk Mathew Gatzka ---- Warm and Green

No comments:

Post a Comment