Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Orange with Contrasting Blue - Stringed Electric Instruments - PhotoPaint

High Contrast - Electric Stringed Instruments

Another high contrast image, continuing with this motif of stringed instruments. Here is a piece that I browsed in my folders in Picasa 3 and then opened with PhotoPaint. I cropped the image to focus on the red orange instruments and saved that image.

While in PhotoPaint I used the Tone Curve to add depth and upped the saturation of the color. Then I applied Local Equalization for the high contrast that I have been using on my most recent images. I used the Tone Curve again to give even more depth. I used Filter Forge's Photo Effects Lumo tool to add the bluish caste and compliment to the red orange.

I saved the larger file then I resampled for display here still in PhotoPaint. I saved that file and uploaded to my Picasaweb gatzkART! album and shared it here.

Listening --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka --- Subtitle Run Instrumental

2 comments:

  1. This is certainly a winning method. Your best one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you,, Jane! I am happy you liked it! I really like creating these High contrast images!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete