Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Grunge Acoustic Electric Guitars - PhotoPaint - Filter Forge


I recently purchased a new Canon Pixma MP495 Photo Inkjet printer.(only $49.00 at Walmart.) It has the scanner copier feature and wireless for our laptop. It prints great photographs. But unfortunately it uses the black ink up quite rapidly, a disappointment to be sure. I printed out one of these High Contrast Guitars images and really like the results. It's vibrant and has great color depth.

I also printed out a few of my grandson for my wife and I, brag photographs! I did one of the paintings in watercolor, of my grandson, that I had done in Painter 11 and it also was a great print. I would recommend this printer with a warning about the excessive use of black ink. But, 4"x6" photographs look fantastic, and the scanner works great for color scans. It comes with software as well so it makes printing, scanning and copying a breeze.

I chose to create another high contrast Acoustic Electric Guitars photograph from Motor City Guitar. I first cropped the photograph to focus on the group of guitars. I used the same tools in PhotoPaint and Filter Forge's Photo Effects Vibrance and frames. This time I selected a watercolor frame with the color black for that Grunge appearance. I adjusted the width of the frame to allow more of the image to shine through.


----------------
Now playing: JJ Cale and Eric Clapton - Danger
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment