Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Grunge - The Drumline - PhotoPaint - Filter Forge



Motor City Guitar in Waterford, Michigan also sells Drum kits. I selected two photographs of drums and cymbals for digital manipulation. I browsed in Picasa 3 to the proper folder and opened each photograph with PhotoPaint.

I again went for high contrasting images so I applied the Local Equalization tool and then used the Tone Curve tool for depth. I also upped the saturation by 15 to boost the colors. Lots of chrome and brass in these pieces.

I applied Filter Forge's Vibrance to both images for even more punch. Then I used Filter Forge's frames, a film frame and a grunge frame, respectively. While in PhotoPaint I resampled for the web and display here.

----------------
Now playing: Alison Krauss Robert Plant - Rich Woman
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment