Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Wood Texture High Contrast Grunge Acoustic Guitars - PhotoPaint


Motor City Guitars has such a great selection of all types of stringed instruments. I browsed in Picasa 3 and located this photograph taken there. I opened with PhotoPaint and continuing with a motif of high contrast grunge like look and feel I created this image.

I first applied the Local Equalization tool for the contrasts. Then I used the Tone Curve to darken and give depth to the piece. I also upped the saturation by 15 for a color boost. Opening the free Filter Forge's Photo Effects plugin I applied Vibrance to it for greater contrasts. I really like the wood texture this highlighted the guitars and the slatted wall.

You'll notice that the dark guitar with the design on it is a left handed guitar, made and strung for a left handed player. It also added a bit of interest to the photograph.

Still in PhotoPaint I applied Filter Forge's film frame and added my signature. After saving this large file I resampled for display here.

----------------
Now playing: Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young - Wooden Ships
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kirk: What a neat effect this filter gives. I had not heard of it before. Your blog is just getting better and better. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, It is one of the Image tools that come in PhotoPaint 12. Not certain if it is in the newer versions as I have yet to upgrade! I'm really happy you like the blog! Thanks you!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete