Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Purple Floral - Still Waiting for Spring - Paint.NET - PhotoPaint - Painter 11

Purple Floral - Waiting for Spring in Michigan

It is a partially sunny day with some blue sky and clouds here in Michigan. I was out and about yesterday and saw some green and a few, very few flowers coming up. It was raining and gloomy.

So I browsed my folders in Picasa 3 and selected a purple floral theme for today's image. I opened with Paint.NET and used the Kuwahara Modified filter on the image for simplified brushstrokes. I saved the large file and opened in PhotoPaint there using Filter Forge's watercolor frame and also added a black border and my signature. Saving that I opened in Painter 11.

I like the textured look you can get with the Apply Surface Texture Image Luminance. It gives the illusion of many brushstrokes. So I applied that to the image. I saved again and resampled in PhotoPaint for display here.

Listening --- Travis --- Flowers In The Window

No comments:

Post a Comment