Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Waiting for Spring in Michigan - Paint.NET - Painter 8 - PhotoPaint


"Waiting for Spring," is based upon a photograph taken at a greenhouse called Wojo's here locally, last year. Here in Michigan we haven't' had very good spring weather, cold temperatures and mixed snow and rain interspersed with some sun, not enough sun though.

First I opened the photograph in Paint.NET and applied the Kuwahara Filter Modified, for a painted appearance. I also used the Ink Sketch filter with the color turned up and the ink down. I saved this large file.

I then opened this file in Painter 8, which has my plugins attached. I used Filter Forge's watercolor frame on it adjusting the width to a smaller size. I also applied the Surface Texture Image Luminance for the brush-stroked look.

After saving that I reopened in PhotoPaint and added a 20 pixel black border. I resampled the larger file for display here and saved it.

----------------
Now playing: Bruce Springsteen - Secret Garden
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet, Kirk. Love the florals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jane! I'll do some more before we see too many new ones! It's raining now, better than snow!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete