Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Rack of Electric Guitars - High Contrast - Vibrance - PhotoPaint

Electric Guitars - High Contrast - Vibrance
These electric guitars are colorful and in a wide variety. I took this photograph with my Canon Rebel XTi at Motor City Guitar. Browsing my folders in Picasa 3 I opened with PhotoPaint. I have been enjoying using the Local Equalization lately to show details not shown by other tools, so I applied it.

I used the Tone Curve to add depth and increased the saturation by 15 for the boost to the color. I opened Filter Forges' Photo Effects and used the Vibrance tool, which gives the image a sparkle. I added a small Lens Flare with KPT's Collection Lens Flare tool. I added a black 30 pixel border to frame the piece.

Even though I rotated the image in PhotoPaint the EXIF showed it landscape instead of portrait. So I opened the uploaded image in gatzkART!'s Picasaweb album and edited using PICNIK. I re-rotated the image back to portrait and saved it. Then I added the piece to this post right side up.

Listening --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka --- Polly Come Home Cover

No comments:

Post a Comment