Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

All Tuckered Out - High Contrast - Tritone - PhotoPaint - Filter Forge


Another high contrast tritone for today. I browsed in Picasa 3 folders and selected this photograph that I took. It is my Nephew in law sleeping on the floor at my Daughter's place. A long trip from Alaska and some late nights visiting can cause one to fall asleep anywhere, even where activity is going on around them.

I opened with PhotoPaint and applied the Local Equalization tool for the high contrasts. I used the Tone Curve for depth and lighting. I applied the Image> Color Mode> Tritone> for the overall effect. I finished the image off with a Filter Forge film frame. Saved the large image and then resampled for showing here.

I really like the tritone tool and beleive it makes for an interesting study. The deep sepia like color lends itself well to portraits like these.


----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - I'm Only Sleeping
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment