Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Grunge Guitars - Ink - Mayang's Texture - PhotoPaint - Filter Forge


I took a photograph of some acoustic guitars taken at Motor City Guitars and worked up a grunge image. I opened in Paint.NET and applied the Ink Sketch tool with low color and a higher ink setting. Saving that file I opened in PhotoPaint.

There I cropped the image to focus on the bodies of the guitars. I browsed to my Mayang's Textures folder in Picasa 3 and selected a rust texture. This I also cropped in PhotoPaint.

I copied the guitars to the clipboard and pasted and resized them to fit the crop of the texture. I used the Tone Curve for depth and upped the saturation of the colors.

I wanted to add some interest so I browsed to my Dover Publications Clip Art folder in Picasa 3 and selected some clip art to add. I used the object property Color Burn to make the white backgrounds transparent and adjusted the size where necessary.

I duplicated one of the designs and placed them in a row. I added a border design to the left side and another design to the body of the second guitar.

The size of the cropped file was display ready so I saved the file with a Filter Forge film frame.

----------------
Now playing: Aerosmith - Sweet Emotion
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment