Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Experimental Family Portraits - PhotoPaint - Filter Forge



I have a new Canon PIXMA MP495 All in one inkjet printer that I got a great deal on. I wanted to experiment with the scanner so I took two images that were printed on plain paper with my old Epson C88+ printer and scanned them in. Opening the images from Picasa 3 I used PhotoPaint to enhance them.

There I used the Tune Blur smooth feature as they had some lines in the scans that came from the printouts. I did not print them out using the highest settings on the Epson, so the quality was not great but sufficient. I applied the Tone Curve for depth and increased the saturation by 7, a lower setting than what I usually use.

I cropped both images one for portrait display and one landscape display. This also got rid of some of the white border that the scan produced. While in PhotoPaint I applied Filter Forge's Photo Effects Vibrance for more punch to both images. I basically used the same technique on each one.

I finished off the images with Filter Forge's film frames.

----------------
Now playing: Sly and the Family Stone - Family Affair
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment