Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Walking Without Help - Painter 11 - PhotoPaint - Filter Forge


My Grandson is walking without help now and it is a joy to watch. I snapped this photograph of him doing just that. In Picasa 3 I browsed to the folder of my recent photographs of him and selected this one. I opened it in PhotoPaint.

I used the Local Equalization tool for a high contrast piece. Applying the Tone Curve for some depth and increased the saturation for a color boost. I saved the large file.

I reopened with Painter 11 and made a quick clone of the image with an ocher background. I used the Artists Brushes Auto Van Gogh and applied that cloning technique. I saved a new file and reopened in PhotoPaint.

There I applied a film frame from Filter Forge. I again played with the Tone Curve for more depth. I tried different Photo Effects from Filter Forge but was unhappy with the results so I decided to leave well enough alone. I resampled in PhotoPaint for display online.

----------------
Now playing: Pretenders - Walking on Sunshine
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment