Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Grunge High Contrast Guitars - PhotoPaint - Filter Forge



High Contrast images from photographs of 12-String and 6-String guitars. I browsed in Picasa 3 again today and came across these photographs of my 12-String Seagull Guitar with it's Woody Seymour Duncan pickup installed in the sound hole. The other was a dual guitar photograph taken at an angle for a fun effect.

You can also see in the second image my Line 6 Toneport UX1, that the pickup is plugged into along with the Shure PG58 Microphone. The only thing I cannot do with this equipment is play the guitar and use the mic simultaneously. I have to do over dubbing of one or the other using the Toneport. The Gearbox software that is part of the Line 6 package is great for variations of guitar types and styles ranging from Soft Archtop Jazz sounds to hardcore lead settings which make my 12-String sound like an Electric guitar.

I again used a High contrast Grunge look and feel for these images. It is my current favorite workflow as I like the resulting effect. I used PhotoPaint and Filter Forge's Freepacks for the image creation.

----------------
Now playing: Stone Temple Pilots - Stone Temple Pilots - Trippin On a Hole in a Paper Heart
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment