Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

High Contrast - Auto Van Gogh - Portrait - Painter 11 - PhotoPaint - Filter Forge


First time I have had a problem with Blogger, they were down due to maintenance and they lost my Thursday post. According to their blog they are supposed to repost that posting. But I am still waiting. I hope that it is corrected soon. Other than that I have no complaints about Blogger as a great blogging platform.

That aside I browsed my folders in Picasa 3 and grabbed another photograph of my Grandson. I haven't been painting much lately with Painter 11 but wanted to create a painterly image today. So I opened the photograph in PhotoPaint and applied the Local Equalization for high contrast. Then I adjusted the Tone Curve for depth and upped the saturation by 7. I saved the large file.

I reopened it in Painter 11 and applied the quick clone tool with an ocher background. I then used the Auto Van Gogh cloning painting at two brush sizes one small the other a medium brush size. I resaved that file at excellent jpg quality.

I opened it again in PhotoPaint and using Filter Forge's Photo Effects I selected the grunge effect. I adjusted the settings so the grunge texture would not obscure the Van Gogh like brushstrokes. This resulted in a painterly grunge style portrait. I saved the large file.

I resampled in PhotoPaint for sharing here.

----------------
Now playing: Sly and the Family Stone - Thank You
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment