Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Abstract Guitar Collage


Sometimes it is enjoyable to look at things through different viewpoints. This Collage was done in PhotoPaint quite a while ago. I did a lot of cutting and pasting, very intuitively. I don't recall all the steps I took but I do like the end result. A rather mysterious look into the guitar as motif.

I did practice and sing yesterday. But while I was recording a particular song with some high notes my voice cracked, just before the end of the track. As I record my songs live I will have to correct that by re-recording the whole song. But the tempo was better and closer to the original song I am doing the cover of. So I need to be careful of those high notes.

I still feel like I am in a slump as far as songwriting goes. I haven't had any new ideas or poetry or lyrics, nary a chord progression to be found. I am waiting to snap out of it. And I know that it will happen soon, it is just a matter of time and patience.

Any one who knows of some exercises to get out of a slump can shoot me some pointers, I would appreciated it. Maybe a trip to the library or a book store would help. I have been contemplating that as one way. Libraries are filled with ideas, and book stores also carry music books for the encumbered.

I will be out of this soon I can feel it!

No comments:

Post a Comment