Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Guitar Letter R Bottles - Still Life - "Time Will Tell" lyrics


Jennifer13
at WetCanvas Took the original photograph for today's image. A still life of a 6-String guitar some bottles and a large letter R.

Again I found this in the Reference Image Library of WetCanvas, searching on "guitars".

I used Paint.NET to make a Pencil Sketch of the photograph. Then using PhotoPaint I adjusted the saturation and the tone curve as the image was very light. I mirrored the image. I added KPT's Collection Pyramid Paint filter and over laid the pencil sketch as an object. Applied the property Multiply to the object for transparency. Then merged the object. I added a small black frame to the piece for showing the larger image on the white background when you click on it.

I have been using a program called TwitBin for Twittering. It takes up some realestate on the page but show all my friends comments, the Public's, and Mashable's comments with a click of the button. As I haven't tried other programs like TwitterFox or others I have no comparisons to make. But I like TwitBin thus far. It allows me to track tweets and tweet my new posts to this blog.

Google Analytics showed me last night I had reached 1,010 pagviews on my blog since March 16th, 2009. And BlogCounter shows over 900+ hits on the main page. I am very pleased with having a readship of any size and want to thank all of you who continue to visti here and read my posts!

I took an older idea from Lyric Ideas website challenge called "Time Will Tell" and attempted to write a song based on that. I tuned to Drop D, capoed up to the third fret and played some basic chord structures in a progression. I can't name the chords because I use differing chords than the usual tuning, I am limited in my musical knowledge. I used a backbeat from Dooley's Drums free drum loops as well.

Hear are some of the lyrics, I did not use all of what I wrote:

Time Will Tell

Time will tell
I wish you well
no hard feelings here

the Intimate times
like nursery rhymes
can grow up too my dear

We had our days full of love
We had our times of hate
Often times we reached above
The times we could not relate

Sad to say that times can end
parting from one another
is never easy but we bend
rather than stay smothered

Time will tell
I wish you well
no hard feelings here

the Intimate times
like nursery rhymes
can grow up too my dear

painful as it can be
breaking up can see true
You weren't meant for me
I wasn't meant for you

Time will tell
I wish you well
no hard feelings here

the Intimate times
like nursery rhymes
can grow up too my dear

Of course I consider these to be © 2009 by Kirk Mathew Gatzka, all rights reserved.

I do enjoy the challenge from Lyric Ideas, So far I've written three songs from their challenges. I realize that others are doing the same and claim their own versions, too. If you get stuck they can be a real help for a beginning idea to a song. I would like to thank them for the help!

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Time Will Tell
null

No comments:

Post a Comment