Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

In Love and Just Married


Weddings another rite of passage for many. We attended this one last night. It was a very nice wedding ceremony and reception. The wedding talk was good and the vows went without a hitch. The food at the reception was good, and the cake rich. It was an honor to be there.

I opened this photograph in Paint.NET and used the Effects> Artistic> Ink Sketch> filter on it, upping the coloring and decreasing the ink saturation. I did not want the image to be too dark.

The couple was dancing their first dance together when this was taken. For those who are fashion conscious the colors were Teal and Black for the groomsmen and bridesmaids.

I am going to share all of my music with a close friend who is a really great guy and musician songwriter. We have collaborated in the past on about three songs, mostly for the fun of it. One of the songs I recorded with a small microphone and no Toneport, just through the PC's on board sound card. "Reasons to Hold On" (© Rial / Gatzka) is a nice tune and we recorded it with two male vocals, myself and my son, and one female vocal, my wife, accompanied by my 12-string guitar.

We played this recording and sang / lip-synced to it at my daughter's wedding as a surprise for her and her new husband. My daughter cried, but it is not a sad song, she just was overcome by emotion. That was another nice wedding.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - GDEmAmD
null

No comments:

Post a Comment