Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

Digitally Painted 12-String Guitar


Started the day about mid morning. Slept funny with odd dreams. Lately even my song writing efforts have been in my dreams, I must be processing something. I hope that the processing works into the process of actual songwriting.

I must say I am frustrated with being online with dial up connection, it is so slow and tries ones patience. I miss so much like simple podcasts, or videos, and even flash productions. They are just incredibly slow to load and or stream.

But I like having access to the Internet. It affords me opportunities I would not otherwise have. Like my blog for example. I would not have a showcase for my digital visual art or music discussions.

Today's example of that is a close up of my 12-String Guitar. I used Painter 8 to create the painted feel of the piece with the watercolor brushes. Prior to painting I ran the photograph through PhotoPaint and used the Effects> Art Strokes> Crayon filter on it. This gave it a hand worked appearance that I really liked. I added some spotlighting with KPT's Collection LensFlare filter. It brightens up the image and helps lead the eye around it.

I recently added some Google Alerts to my email. I now receive notification of Digital Art and Music Blog postings to the web. I find this useful to keep up on what is going on in these fields. It really is easy to do and fulfilling to my appetite for keeping current.

If I find really helpful postings I can Tweet them to my friends who have similar interests. I am also following some of the main music industry Tweets, like RollingStone, Epiphone, etc. Also some interesting folks who Tweet helpful songwriting information.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: J.J. Cale and Eric Clapton - Ride The River
null

No comments:

Post a Comment