Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Inspiration Where Does It Come From?


Inspiration just where does it come from? To define it is easier to do than to use/do it.

  • noun: arousing to a particular emotion or action
  • noun: a product of your creative thinking and work
  • noun: a sudden intuition as part of solving a problem
  • noun: arousal of the mind to special unusual activity or creativity

  • states the Poetry.com rhyming dictionary.

    I like the "arousal of the mind to special unusual activity or creativity." That is what I strive for each time I endeavor to write a new song. I have the pieces divided into parts like: Lyrics, Chord Progression, Verses, Chorus, Bridge, Melody, Rhythm, Rhyme, Lead, Tempo and so forth. Each one needs it's own inspiration to make it all work together, the "arousal of the Mind."

    When I do a Google search on the word "Inspiration" I got some interesting results. But nothing I could use to provide a better example of how it works, or where it comes from.

    Upon consideration I come up with words like: Imagination, creativity, mindfulness, experience, fantasy, real and unreal, landscape, portrait, internal and external dialogue, and love, hate, opposites, similarities, likes, dislikes, etc.

    Because of the mythological connections of the Muse or muses I don't see any help there either. None of that is based upon reality, that's why it comes under the ideas of myth.

    Where does it come from? Well my best answer is it comes from "within us," all our life experience and more. We, those of us who create things, art or music or writings, all have moments of inspiration, when our minds and emotions blend into an act of creativity. Something "unusual" happens. Our "intuition" kicks in and we make something up out of ourselves.

    You may or may not agree with me but that is reason for commenting here if you are so moved, I invite your thoughts.

    ----------------
    Now playing on Windows Media Player: Brandi Carlile - Throw It All Away
    null

    No comments:

    Post a Comment