Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Classic Roadster - Songwriting


Continuing with the Custom Cars motif I have shared another Classic Car a Roadster. This was also painted in ArtRage the oil painting emulation program. Based upon a photograph taken by my son Keir M Gatzka.

I did try to sell these images as greeting cards when we had the Omniartz website (name now in other hands). I garnered some interest in the images. People identify with recognizable things like cars. And many like custom cars.

I recorded my new chord progression with the Toneport UX1 and Gearbox. I used two guitar models for the rhythm. One with quite a bit of treble for a tangy sound and one with a bass tone called Archtop Jazz guitar.

I added some simple lead (a Jimi Hendrix fuzz model) playing to it and it sounds very nice. I still have to work out the melody and lyrics. May take some time as it is not coming easy - some songs you really have to work at. I may need to go to the lyrics site for some ideas if nothing gels soon. A little help with a theme or title or chorus would be a great help.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Inxs - Mediate
null

No comments:

Post a Comment