Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

Strawberries | Digital Art | gatzkART


Memories are a wonderful thing. Especially when they are selective. Photographs can do that for you, allow a good memory to last a long time. I remember the day we took the short trip out to this garden market near Milford, Michigan. It was a warm sunny day. We viewed the geese and peacocks there, and of course took photographs of the surrounds. I captured this photograph with my expensive FujiFilm APS Endeavor 4000SL camera in Panorama mode. It's hard to find film for this camera now. I have seen it on eBay.

I scanned it into PhotoPaint at 300dpi and resized it for the internet. I really like the Panoramic mode of this camera and miss it as a function. I love my digital camera and wish it had that as a function or mode. Photostitching is not all it's cracked up to be. (Though I do have a pretty nice photostitched image of the wife's back garden. It still shows some of the duplicated areas if you look closely. Maybe it's the program I used?)

I did very little digital work on this image. The size of and amount of the strawberries speak for themselves and needed little in the digital darkroom to adjust that. Holding the real print in hand, gently, and enjoying the memory is something that digital really doesn't have. Of course, one can print out the digital into a print and use that as a memory keeper, but the life of a digital image is less tangible.

Easier to share, but it has a less tangible effect without the tactile feel of holding the print and examining it.

But back to Strawberries, our lovely friend gave us a bowl full just lastnight, and they are almost gone already. A deeper red color than the ones posted here, they were a combination of tart and sweetness that was delicious. Eaten along with some vanilla ice cream, it was a great treat.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Reputation
null

No comments:

Post a Comment