Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Classic Guitars Montage | Inspiration | gatzkART


Loss of thoughts can hamper us from writing, so we search for inspiration from any source. I recently read a blog about where and when 30 different writers find they get their best song ideas. Many of them said, like I myself, the time when you are getting ready to sleep ideas come.

There is something about that netherworld just before sleep or upon awakening that can be a treasure trove of ideas. Many said they kept pencil and paper handy at the bedside for that reason. Those thoughts are fleeting and come quietly and quickly. The need to capture them right then is almost imperative.

While working on "Reputation" one night I had some ideas right before sleep. I got my pad of paper and pen and wrote down the ideas. It helped me finish the song. I even took my guitar and played quietly through the chord progression as I fit the lyrics to them and the melody. I was able to use keywords I had mulled upon for a day or two they finally came together for me.

I recently sent a good friend, who is a great musician and songwriter, all my repertoire of mp3's. I hope to get some feedback from him on my body of work. He has received the package so it is a matter of time before he gets a chance to listen to what I sent. I look forward to his impressions as I really respect him and his talent.

He is a very accurate guy. He uses Renoise to program his work. I found it a cumbersome program but as he does programming it fit his personality just right.

I am a loose musician to his accuracy. I record my songs all the way through with all their imperfections in execution. He records with near perfection, a piece at a time. Our styles really differ. But the goal is the same - good music that others can enjoy.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Reputation
null

No comments:

Post a Comment