Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Guitar Collage with Kaleidoscope Segments


Up last night practicing some of my newer songs. It always amazes me that they are my own songs and I need to "remember" how they go! Some times I get the rhythm wrong on the chords and have to fiddle around with the chorus or bridge to remind myself how to play the verses, or the other way around.

It really shows the importance of practice, even when looking on the page with the lyrics and chords right in front of you, you can make mistakes in the execution of the song.

So I was having a good time playing them and working my mind and coordination on the melodies and chords and rhythms. Practice is good!

I took an image I have worked on before and added some changes to it. I used PhotoPaint with the Plugin Site's Harry's Filters to create the colors of the black and white image I started with. Saved that file and reopened in Painter 8 and used the layers function to add Kaleidoscopic pieces to the image. The collage now has new interest put into it. I used the effect at 100 pixels and 200 pixels for the layers then dropped all to form the one layer with all the pieces mirrored I wanted.

I got an idea for a theme title for a song from Lyric Ideas again. This time it was "Reputation", I am not completely satisfied with the lyrics. Too simple of an idea that being true to oneself as a good person will result in a good reputation even when others try to smear it.

Kept the chord sequence simple and used major chords with a bit of minor thrown in.

But I was writing, even if it is not as successful of a song I am keeping the effort going. I can revamp the song at anytime if I come up with additional ideas for a better basis to keeping a good reputation.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Reputation
null

No comments:

Post a Comment