Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Changing It Up - Hot Rod


Given the large collection of custom car photo-
graphs we have from various years of the Detroit Woodward Dream Cruise I am using a Hot Rod Photograph today.

This photograph was taken by my son who usually attends the Dream Cruise with his Uncle every year. With the trouble the Big 3 are having this year some of the sponsors have pulled out, but I am certain that they will have a Dream Cruise on Woodward Ave this year despite of it.

I used Paint.NET for the ink like lines and PhotoPaint for the adjusting of size and framing this photograph. The colors are deep and unique. I added the blue sky color to this image using the wand mask and the fill tool with a radial gradient.

Yesterday I practiced my guitar and singing on some of my songs and typed up two songs that needed formatting for my notebook of originals. I also took the Just A Chill Out Song and tried some chords with it - I am still working on it, tempo, chords, melody all need work.

I started with an upbeat tempo but being a Chill Out song I don't know if that is appropriate. Maybe a chilled out tempo would work better, I am undecided. Songwriting, always a challenge, always interesting, rarely boring!

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: George Harrison, Tom Petty, Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan - My Back Pages
null

No comments:

Post a Comment