Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Classic Station Wagon and GM Reminder


Custom Car images painted in 2007 using ArtRage is my current motif. I have a few to share so I am using them to do so.

Like previously I have taken this from a photograph at the Detroit Woodward Dream Cruise. It takes place every August, with all the custom cars you would want to see and photograph. I like the little GM reminder in the image, the Big 3 are having a troubled time right now, as we all know.

Thousands of custom cars cruise Woodward Ave and show off. They even allow some to burn rubber, but that is kept to a minimum, I guess it is possible that a car would lose control and hurt someone.

Music wise, I am practicing an new chord progression. This was taken from a list of possible progressions from the Internet and I am combining two sets of them with an additional bridge set I made up. I am working on the tempo and rhythm of this progression and it is encouraging thus far. I think it is sounding fairly good. The melody is coming slowly as I practice the chords.

I don't have any lyrics in mind yet. I was also working on a poem about my Dad and Father n law and the similarities in their lives as well as the differences but it is not lending itself to a lyric. No rhyming, just statements about them.

One was a father of five
One was a father of six

Both married for life
They each had only one wife. (here is an unintentional rhyme!)

One was an electrician in trade
One was an asbestos worker in trade.
Both worked in construction.

And things such as this. If I could make up some more rhyming verses it might make for a nice "tale" song. But thus far it doesn't fit the chord progression at all. Maybe in the future I may use it for a song. I find telling a tale a difficult project for a song. Especially with a long poem to work from - too many details for a song.

So I need some inspiration for a lyric for this chord progression. (As an aside I like the spell checker in blogger a lot! Helps me often as I type away reversing letters and just not getting the words right!) Well write on my readers!

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Iron Butterfly - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida
null

No comments:

Post a Comment