Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

"Acoustic Magazine No.7 Parody" Corel - Plus

Acoustic Magazine No 7 Parody

I decided it was time to do another Parody magazine cover. "Acoustic Magazine," which I have done before for this blog.

I browsed with Picasa 3.9 and selected a metal texture that was dark. I opened it with Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 and altered it to a Watercolor with light colors. I saved that as my background piece.

I opened with Corel PhotoPaint and began to build the front page piece. I scanned in images that I melded together for this cover using my Canon Pixma MP495. I used various type styles for the words on the page with an Alternative Tuning theme.

I scanned, pasted, erased and placed each piece and title one at a time. I even have a UPC code from a magazine for some realism. If you read the titles and other phrases you may get a smile on your face. After all it is a Parody magazine cover.

I merged all the objects (layers) and saved the larger iteration. I then resampled for display size and saved that.

990th Post! Working on that 1,000th post Goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment