Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

"Corey Koehler Singer Songwriter" Corel PSP Pro X3 - Plus

Singer Songwriter Corey Koehler


I participated in a Artists in the Plus "Spotlight" Hangout on Google+ yesterday. I met Singer Songwriter Corey Koehler. Of course, I could not pass up on an opportunity for another Digital artwork based upon the Singer Songwriters I am meeting. So I got permission from Corey to do one for him.

I don't do Facebook, so my source was YouTube. I did a screen capture of Corey Playing his Taylor Guitar and Singing. I saved the file after opening it in Corel PhotoPaint to crop it. To resize it and do some color work on it I reopened it with Corel PSP Pro X3.

There I sized for display at 96dpi. I used the Digital Camera Noise Removal and the Smart Photo Fix on it. I took the layer and Duplicated it and applied the Effect Pencil on it and used the property of Overlay to make the background photo show through.

I Merged the layers and saved that iteration. I then opened with Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 and auto painted using the Detailed Watercolor rectangular setting. I then used the Soft Cloner Brush to paint back in some details to the face, hand, clothing and the microphone and stand.

After saving those changes I reopened with PSP and added my signature with the Visible Watermark tool. Then I added the old fashioned frame to it in Picture Frame. I saved that iteration.

This is my 973rd post to gatzkART!

No comments:

Post a Comment