Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

"Barn and Silo - Guitar and Banjo" Impressionistic - Corel - Plus

Barn, Silo - Guitarist, Banjo Player


Today I tried some digital painting using two different photographs. One of a Barn and Silo and the other of a Guitarist and Banjo Player jamming. I opened the first photograph in Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 and auto painted it with the Impressionistic feature. The second photograph was in Sepia tone. I auto painted that one as well.

On both I used the Soft Clone Brush to add back in details. Saving both of those images I opened from Picasa 3.9 with Corel PhotoPaint. First the Barn and Silo then I copied and pasted the Guitarist and Banjo Player onto that. Using the Erase tool I trimmed the Players to just the two individuals. I resized them, placing them on the canvas with 70% Opacity. I added my signature as well.

I merged them both together. I then took the Clone Brush at various sizes and added color from the Barn and Silo to the Players to bring them into the picture more distinctly. I saved the large iteration. After which I opened it with Corel PSP Pro X3 and used the Smart Photo Fix on it adjusting the brightness, shadows, midtones, and sharpness. I added the ornate frame using the Picture Frame feature in PSP. I saved the large file and then resized for display.

984th Post to gatzkART! 

I am working on a new song, "Wait Until Morning" but am uncertain of the chord progression and melody as of yet. I have one written down (chords) with a melody in mind, but am not sure I am done yet. Needs something, not certain what but it will come. I may do another slideshow of digital artworks with this as the soundtrack as I did with "Revel" DADGAD recently. It is posted to YouTube if you want to see it. Or check my posts to Google+ in my Profile (scroll down.) +Kirk Mathew Gatzka


No comments:

Post a Comment