Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

12-String - 6-String Guitars - Digital Watercolor - Painter


As you are aware one of my favorite motifs is guitar images. This digital watercolor began as a photograph taken by me with my Canon Rebel XTi.

I opened the photograph in Painter 8 and cloned the image. I enlarged the image on screen to work on it and selected all and cleared the canvas. Using CTRL-T I turned on the tracing paper. I like watercolors so I selected Digital watercolor brushes for this image and painted away with the clone button selected.

This gave me a very loose image to work with. I used short to medium brushstrokes for the looseness. I love the way the brushes overlay one another. I painted the two guitars and then turned off the tracing paper. I used a mop brush for the background and added some grayish lines and then used the salt brush.

To add back details of the push pins and strings I selected the soft cloner brush. This was done just enough to bring in touches of detail.

I saved the large file and reopened it in PhotoPaint. I added a 10 pixel walnut brown border and my signature. Here I resampled the image for display on the web.

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - ADEE7 Deep Movers
via FoxyTunes

2 comments: