Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

A Conversation with David - Paint.NET - PhotoPaint


A candid photograph taken by my son Keir M. Gatzka of David Benjamin, a photographer and musician. Here they were conversing in a relaxed atmosphere.

I browsed for the photograph in Picasa 3 and selected this composition. I opened it in Paint.NET and applied one of the painterly filters to the large image.

Next I applied the Ink Sketch filter with the color turned all the way up and lessened the ink lines. I saved the file and opened in Picasa 3 again, then in PhotoPaint. Then I used the Tone Curve for depth and upped the saturation by 7. I added a film frame from Filter Forge and resampled the image for the web.

It is one of my favorite techniques for a digital manipulation of a good composition. It is simple yet exerts a painted quality plus pen and ink. I also liked the candid shot and the relaxed atmosphere of the original photograph.

----------------
Now playing: Alan Parsons Project - Let's Talk About Me
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment