Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Redhead Portrait - Painter 11 - PhotoPaint


Another portrait from WetCanvas forums, an intriguing redhead. I opened it in Painter 11 and did another quick clone. I began with the Camel Oil cloner and did the hair first, trying to capture the redhair and it's waviness along with it's straightness.

I used the Oil Brush for the face, hand, arm and neck. I added a little bit more detail of the eyes, eyebrows, nose and mouth using the Soft cloner. For the rest of the painting of the woman I used the Fine Gouche cloner.

I switched to a new layer for the background, selected a sky blue color and a coral green along with a pink selection with the pick up tool, using an Oil brush. I used Distortion brushes to alter the background. The Bulge, Hurricane, and Distorto
brushes.

I saved this file as a jpg for the internet. In PhotoPaint, I added a 10 pixel sky blue border adding to this a blue green border. I selected that with the wand and applied the Texture> Plastic> effect to it for the shadows.

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Clear Way On
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment