Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Grass Along the Lakeshore - Painter 11


This photograph is of Bald Eagle Lake in Michigan. It was taken by my son Keir M. Gatzka, not far from our house, at evening time. I found this photograph browsing with Picasa 3 through my large collection of images.

After selecting it with Picasa 3 I Opened With PhotoPaint, I applied the Image> Transform> Posterize> set at 7 colors. I also lightened the image using the Tone Curve. I saved this file and opened it in Painter 11.

Here I began using the Digital Watercolor Filbert brush on the sky, after doing a quick clone. I set the clone button on for the brushes. I also used a Dry Bristle brush and the soft cloner at the end to add back in the wild grass.

Back in PhotoPaint I added the Watercolor frame, using Filter Forge, and a 10 pixel sky blue border, saving the large file as a jpg. Then adding my signature I resampled the large file for sharing on the internet to 1200 x 801.

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Draw Closer - DADGAD
via FoxyTunes

New Song above is on my Acoustic Guitar Community song listing if you want to listen to it. Go to the link on the right side of the page and click on My Page listing.

4 comments:

  1. nice colors..had a cabin on West Twin lake,up in Lewsiton..reminds me of the sandy lake and the old gentleman that fished every morning and came back with his bucket of perch..nice memory captured there Kirk...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tim! It's nice living near a lake and it has such great scenery!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautifully painted. So serene and just a lovely place.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Judith! I'm very glad you like it!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete