Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Flowers - Gouache - Worn Oil Pastel - Digital Watercolors - Painter 11


An exercise in Painter 11 using Gouache brushes, Worn Oil Pastel brushes, and Digital Watercolors. I selected a floral image in Picasa 3 from my Dover Publications collection of samples.

I opened this in PhotoPaint to resample to a larger working size and saved that file at 96 dpi. I reopened it in Painter 11 and selected the Gouache brushes for the flower petals and the Worn Oil Pastels for the leaves.

I selected a couple of different Digital Watercolor brushes for adding the crimson color to the flower petals and the yellow background. I saved the larger file and reopened in PhotoPaint.

There I added a 10 pixel black border using the Papersize> option of Image>. I resized the piece for sharing here.

----------------
Now playing: Metric - Come Back Baby
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment