Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Man's Portrait - Painter 11 - PhotoPaint


With yet another portrait from WetCanvas, I decided to do a man's face this time. The crop isn't the best as the top of his head was cut off, but the face was interesting enough for an attempt at painting it.

I opened Picasa 3 and browsed for the new photographs and found this one that I had saved. I right clicked on the photograph and selected open with> Painter 11.

As I am still learning Painter 11, I again selected a quick clone for a prepared a tracing canvas. I had downloaded some new brushes, though I haven't cracked open all of the brushes native to 11, and began with Static Pencils cover brush. I sketched the entire face using these pencils.

To begin adding color I selected Textured Acrylics, iAcrylics Tex 20 and activated the clone button. I began to fill in the face with this brush. I tried to follow the contours of the face, and left white space on purpose. Next I used the Tint brush to add back in color to the hair.

I selected the Soft cloner for some detail on the ear, eyes, nose and mouth, I used it very sparingly. Then I selected the Acrylic brushes for the shirt and background using varying shades of Ocher for it. I applied the Distortion Grainy Distorto 30 to the background for added texture.

I resampled my large file in PhotoPaint for sharing here, and saved the file as a jpg.

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Why I Hurt
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment