Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Dual Guitars - Painter - Liquid Ink - Watercolor


I browsed through my guitar photographs and selected one of my favorites for this piece. I opened the photograph in Painter and used the Liquid Ink and Digital Watercolor brushes to render this painting.

I like the thickness of the Graphic Ink brush and the watercolor brushes. I cloned the original and enlarged it on screen and cleared the workspace then used CTRL-T to use the tracing paper. I kept the process simple as I wanted a likeness that showed enough details, like the strings.

The 12-String is my Seagull and the 6-String is my son's Lyon guitar. I had them both for a while when this photograph was taken. I applied Filter Forge's watercolor frame and saved the large file.

Opening it in PhotoPaint I used the wand tool to select the white space surrounding the image and applied the mask. I used a fill type of wood to finish the frame. I resampled the image for display on the web.

Stay With You by Gatzka Music
----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Pages Without Numbers
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kirk.
    Great job on this image! Love the texture from the Graphic Ink brush.
    I like your blog's new look too. Easier on the eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty, Thanks so much for commenting. I am happy you like the new look of gatzkART!, too.

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete