Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

12-String Seagull Guitar and Case - PhotoPaint


Here is my 12-string Seagull Guitar in it's hard case, a photograph taken by myself. I used one of Mayang's Textures for the background, a fabric piece. I cropped the background to show the weave clearly in PhotoPaint.

First I opened the photograph of the guitar and case and cut out the guitar and case. I then used the eraser to clean up the interior of the object. I used the object property If Darker for transparency. This allowed the texture to show through and gave it a grunge look and feel.

For interest I added a couple of Dover Publications clip art, as you can clearly see the old vintage camera and the bottom. I added the hand in the right hand lower area and a couple of vintage symbols in the left and right upper corners.

Using Filter Forge I selected a grunge frame which partially obscured some of the clip art symbols.

I like the glowing effect of the guitar. I also applied opticVerve's Photography filters using the Slide #2, 1600 ASA and the Warm effect. This gives more texture as you look closely at the finished piece.

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - A F#m F7 E A Run
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment