Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Alaskan River Revisited - Painter - PhotoPaint


I have been busy with a new gadget a VHS to DVD Dazzle DCV100 with Pinnacle Studio 12. I have been digitizing older family VHS tapes to create DVDs from them.

I also am using Windows 7 - Windows DVD Maker to burn multiple copies for family members of the various activities I have on VHS tape. I like the Play Screens of DVD Maker and I also like the basic transitions of Pinnacle Studio.

I took some time today to revisit one of my favorite photographs from our trip to Alaska a couple of years ago. I used Picasa 3 to browse photographs and selected this one. I opened it in Painter and applied Posterize at 8 levels of color. Then I applied the Depth of Field to it. After I added a film frame using Filter Forge's Freepack 3 I saved the file and opened it in PhotoPaint.

Here I adjusted the Tone Curve and the color saturation. I created a signature file using the ballpoint pen brush in PhotoPaint and added the copyright 2011 to it for my first post of the year. I cut and pasted it into the image and used the object property Multiply to add it with transparency.

I am using our laptop for this post which is not what I usually use. but the Wacom tablet is connected due to using this newer computer for the VHS conversions and DVD burning. Not all of my photographic files are on this laptop so I did select from a limited number of files for this image.

----------------
Now playing: The Beatles - Please Please Me
via FoxyTunes

1 comment: