Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Curly Haired Young Lady Portrait - Painter 11



The image today started with another portrait from the WetCanvas galleries. This young woman has very curly hair and a pleasant demeanor.

I browsed in Picasa 3 and located this image then I opened with Painter 11. I applied the Quick Clone to set up the tracing paper for painting the image. I began with the Pencil cloner for the hair to imitate the curls. I switched to the Oil Bristle cloner for the face and neck and dress. This gave me an impasto quality to those portions.

Using the Soft cloner I added the eyes, eyebrows and mouth for finer detail. I used the Camel cloner to go over the hair and fill it in, adding the background with it and the Soft cloner for the drapery and wall paper details.

I used the Pencil cloner for the eyes to give them a more painterly appearance. And used the Soft Cloner to add back in detail to the curly hair, especially the crown and edges, which shows much more detail.

I am still using the Tracing Paper as I am just now getting used to Painter 11. I will journey further away from this as I develop more courage and confidence in my painting abilities.

This second image is from playing with different Brushes and the Image Hose and Textures for a fun exercise in Painter 11.

As you can see it has a variety of Brushes and the Image Hose can add realism to any painting. I did use many new brushes I downloaded that are not native to Painter 11. I painted the yellow orange flowers and foliage with some and then used other watercolor brushes for the sky.

In any event it was an enjoyable experiment with the new tools of Painter 11.

----------------
Now playing: Acoustic Junction - Strange Days
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment