Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Vintage Tractor and Farm Implements - ArtRage Oils - PhotoPaint - Paint.NET


I had this older image that I had done in Paint.NET using the Ink Sketch filter at 800 x 600 pixels. I took the image and resampled it in PhotoPaint to 1024 x 768. I also used the wand to select the white sky and filled it with a sunset.

Saving that I opened it in ArtRage 2.5 edition and using the Oils brush I painted the tractor and the background, using the tracing paper. I resized the Oil brush various times and ended up with a simple oil painted file.

I reopened that in PhotoPaint and also opened the 1024 x 768 image of the ink sketch. Copying that to the clipboard I pasted it into the Oil painting. There I resized it to fit the larger ArtRage file. As an object (layer) I selected the property Multiply to add some transparency to it. I merged both images. Now I had a painterly image with pen and ink details.

I adjusted the image with the Tone Curve, lightening it up a bit so the colors and brushstrokes would show better. I used Filter Forge to add a watercolor frame narrowing it to allow more image to show. To this I added a 10 pixel black border.

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - You Gotta Be Crazy
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment