Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cropped Egyptian Beauty - CorelTRACE - CorelDRAW - Painter - PhotoPaint


I began this exercise with a photograph of an Egyptian beauty. I used the image in CorelTRACE and made it a vector graphic, which much simplified the colors and details. I opened it in CorelDRAW and copied it to the clipboard. This I pasted into PhotoPaint.

I resized the image in PhotoPaint and then saving it as a jpg, I opened it in Painter. There I used the Digital Watercolors to create a muck up of the woman's face. I added an Acrylic brush Auto clone and then used the soft cloner to add back the detail of her mouth and eyes and nose.

I used the Effects> Texture> Plastic> with a light peach color on the image

I applied optiVerve Labs Virtual Photographer using the settings of Slide #2, 1600 ASA, Warm, Effect> Wash> to adjust the piece.

Still in PhotoPaint I cropped the resulting image and used a Photography frame from Filter Forge.

----------------
Now playing: Bob Dylan - Just Like A Woman
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

  1. I like this one. Egyptian women have such awesome complexions and features. The work you did reminds me a little of a wax museum figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be the texture plastic filter I used for the waxy look and feel. Thank you for commenting!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete