Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Tower and Arches - Watercolors - Painter 11 - PhotoPaint


I have more time today to paint, so I selected this image of a tower and arches from browsing in Picasa 3. I opened with PhotoPaint and enlarged it using the Image> Resampling>. Then I applied Local Equalization to it to lighten the whole image. I saved that file.

In Picasa 3 I next opened with Painter 11 and did a quick clone of the piece. I selected the Watercolor brushes, the Fine, Wash and Run brushes and began painting. I used the soft cloner brush to add back in a few details like the bricks and plants. I went to Apply Surface Texture and selected Paper and adjusted the paper to add Texture.

Saving that as a jpg, I reopened it in PhotoPaint and adjusted the depth with the Tone Curve slightly. I added a border to the piece and then used Filter Forge for the frame, adjusting the round corners, and the second color to an golden ocher.


----------------
Now playing: Ian Anderson - A Raft Of Penguins
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

  1. This is outrageously beautiful Kirk. I love this.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judith, Thanks so much! Such a wonderful compliment!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete