Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Vintage Tintype - Paint.NET - PhotoPaint


I enjoy Vintage art and here is an old tintype style photograph that I used today to be creative with it in a digital form. I opened the tintype in PhotoPaint and enlarged it I then saved that file.

In Paint.NET I used the Adjustments> Curves> to Lighten the photo and then applied Effects> Artistic> Pencil Sketch> with the pencil size increased and the range increased. I also applied the Ink Sketch filter there. I saved that file and reopened it in PhotoPaint.

There I browsed my Mayangs Textures for a brightly colored paint with rust background and cropped out a portion for the background. I then went back to the tintype and created a tritone for the brownish look and feel of an engraving and ink. I copied it to the clipboard and pasted it into the background. I applied the object property Multiply for transparency.

I browsed my Dover Publications Clip Art and found a stained glass piece. I copied and pasted that using the Multiply setting and enlarged it to fit the other half of the image. I merged all objects to the background.

Using Filter Forge's frames I applied a variant of the simple frames with curved corners. I applied the wand to the off color I chose to recolor it with Yellow to match the background. With the mask still applied I used Effects> Textures> Plastic> for a shadowed appearance. Then I used a film frame to complete the image.

Credit for the tintype photograph goes to Elderly Instruments.

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Lil' Miss Lillian Decides
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment