Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Art Deco with Bauhaus 93 Typography - CorelDRAW - PhotoPaint

Click for Larger Image

I received in my inbox today some Dover Publications Samples. Among them were these great Art Deco designs. I opened my Dover sampler folder after saving them and selected four designs. I opened PhotoPaint and from Picasa 3 I copied and pasted them. From PhotoPaint I adjusted the individual pieces and then opened CorelDRAW.

I placed each image in the new graphic document. I then selected the typeface Bauhaus 93 for my typography. I merely spelled out Art Deco and selected bright colors for the letters. I outlined each with a complimentary color to make them stand out a bit more.

I selected the rectangle tool and placed one behind all the Art Deco pieces and Bauhaus 93 text. I added the phrase "typography Bauhaus 93," in a small size to name the typeface used.

I selected all the pieces and grouped them together and copied to the clipboard. Back in PhotoPaint I opened with File> New from Clipboard>. This gave me a 6" x 9" 300dpi graphic of the grouped pieces. I added my signature, saved the large file as a jpg, then resampled to display here.

Listening --- Jethro Tull --- Part of the Machine

No comments:

Post a Comment