Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Built up Textures - Design for Life Series - Painter - CorelDRAW


I started today's image in Corel Painter 11, I selected custom textures and some from Flaming Pear. I used the Variable Chalk brush and painted the textures, overlapping and created an 8" x 10" image.

I saved that image as a jpg and opened it in CorelDRAW. There I placed the text using Arial Rounded Bold. I extruded the text by 3 and that gave it some depth.

I added the quote from Will Rogers and balanced that with the "Design," text. I converted to bitmap and reopened in PhotoPaint as a 300dpi image.

Here I used the Tone Curve for depth and increased the saturation for a color boost.

Using Filter Forge's frames I added a film frame. I added my signature to complete the piece.

I am not certain how many more of the Design for Life series I am going to do. I did some Art Deco and Art Nouveau pieces. This one is more up to date image of the same theme.

Please feel free to share on Facebook or Twitter, and my Google +1 button in the upper left corner I appreciate any sharing you may do. Thank you.

Thank you as well to my followers and those of you on RSS or email feed and Twitter. We've passed the 15,000 plus pageviews and we appreciate your continued interest in gatzkART! up dates.


Listening --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka --- Time

No comments:

Post a Comment