Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Journey Called Collage - Lesson #4 - Corel Painter 11

Click for Larger Image

My taking the course A Journey Called Collage at Digital Art Academy afforded me a chance to learn more of the functions of Corel Painter 11. I thoroughly enjoyed this self-paced class and was rewarded with new knowledge.

I selected to do a Self-portrait collage as my final piece and that is what I am displaying today. I used many layers and textures for this piece in Painter. I also used composite ways to place the images in place.

Since I am a guitar player the guitar was included as a backdrop and in the images used. If you want to know the techniques, you'll have to take the class!

We lost my boyhood images in a fire so I used images from 1969, the year I graduated from High School which is far back enough, and more recent photographs.

Tweet this if you like the results, and come and visit gatzkART! often and view and read about my Digital Visual Art and Music.

Listening --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka --- Art for Arts Sake

No comments:

Post a Comment