Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Digital Pen and Ink - Watercolor - Corel Painter - CorelTRACE - CorelDRAW

Click for Larger Image
I found another detailed sketch of a brick house that I drew. A house on Walbridge Dr. in East Lansing, Michigan. I scanned it in with my Canon All In One in 24-bit RGB format. I saved the file and opened PhotoPaint. There I converted to a 8 bit black and white image and did an iterative save.

I opened that black and white image in CorelTRACE and traced it into a cmx CorelDRAW file. Saving that iteration I opened it in CorelDRAW. I cleaned up some of the outlines I did not want. I selected the entire house and grounds and made the pen lines thicker for more impact. So I had a pen and ink style piece to work with. I saved that as a 24-bit RGB 300dpi tif file.

I opened it with Painter from Picasa 3's gatzkART3 folder. I selected watercolor brushes to paint it. I kept the colors simple and then I used the select tool to select the wood and used Apply Surface Texture> Simulated Wood Grain>. I used a different texture for the brick.

I saved it as a tif file and then I dropped all Layers and saved as a large jpg. This image I opened in PhotoPaint and placing a black border I added my signature and resampled for display here.

Listening --- Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young --- Our House

No comments:

Post a Comment