Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Vintage 1987 Foodland Advertisement - CorelDRAW - PhotoPaint - Filter Forge

Click for Larger Image
Will be busy tomorrow so I am posting a new graphic image as a second one for this evening. We were cleaning house and getting ready to rid ourselves of some old frames. One frame we found, pasted to the back of a clued together puzzle, was a 1987 newspaper advertisement for Foodland Markets.

We had to break the puzzle into pieces, it was not worth saving and I took some of the smaller pieces and opened PhotoPaint and scanned them in with my Canon All in One.

I had to both use Sharpen on some pieces and Tune Blur on others. I saved each piece individually. I opened CorelDRAW and began to import the pieces and resize and place them on the framework.

I also imported one of Mayang's Textures and placed it behind the grouping. I grouped this all together. Then I copied to the clipboard and opened as New from Clipboard in PhotoPaint.

There I applied the Tove Curve to add depth and upped the saturation to boost the red of the advertisement. I used Filter Forge's frames for a film frame to finish the image with my signature.

Notice that 1) I recycled the old art puzzle and it's advertisement and 2) circled the year and the Every day Low Prices phrase.

This is not meant to be a pretty piece of digital art, but an effort at recycling and a statement about the high cost of living and how it has changed since 1987. I resized the image for display here.

Listening --- Pink Floyd --- Money

No comments:

Post a Comment